Sweet Potato is a familiar vegetable to everyone as no one can forget its sweet taste and melt-in-mouth properties. It is the best alternative to potatoes because it is a low-calorie food that helps to reduce weight over time. Yes, you heard it correctly! People eat sweet potatoes for weight loss, and it is like a treasure in terms of nutritional value. It contains Vitamin A that keeps your immune system, bones, and eyes in a healthy state.
Further, you will learn about the sweet potatoes diet or healthy recipes for weight loss by the end of this article.
Sweet Potato is a power-packed vegan food that is a major source of the following nutrients.
- Rich in complex carbs
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Anti Oxidants
Sweet Potato Benefits For Weight Loss
- It improves metabolism because of its dietary fibre-rich properties.
- This also consists of high water content, which rehydrates each body cell.
- Furthermore, the low GI index of sweet Potato kept the blood sugar level normal despite having sweeter.
- After having them, you will feel full, which reduces the desire of eating more.
Sweet Potatoes Diet For Weight Loss
The below section will help you to understand the sweet potatoes diet for weight loss. You can have sweet potatoes every day for weight loss after understanding the following diet.
Sweet Potato For Breakfast Weight Loss
- Take one medium size 100gm of sweet potato and boil it in the cooker.
- Chop few raw vegetables like onion, carrot, and tomato to use as filling.
- Prepare green chutney from coriander and pudina for use as a spread.
- Now mesh the boiled sweet potatoes in a bowl and add a teaspoon of salt and two tablespoons of chutney and mix it well.
- To add more taste, you can mix curd and pepper as well.
- Take two toasted brown slices of bread and insert this spread inside along with raw vegetables.
- Eat this sweet potato diet every day as a breakfast for weight loss.
Sweet Potato For Dinner Weight Loss
Similarly, you can use the above-mentioned green chutney spread and replace the brown bread with one chapati. Insert the chopped raw vegetables as filling over the green chutney spread in your chapati.
Moreover, you can eat roasted or grilled sweet potatoes just a few minutes before your dinner so that you won’t overeat at dinner time.
Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes For Weight Loss
There are innumerous healthy sweet potato recipes for weight loss which you can prepare at home. We have mentioned few recipes below.
Sweet Potato Smoothie Weight Loss
- Use a blender and add almond milk, fat-free milk, and a tablespoon of oats.
- After that, add two dates and a tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Now, add a boiled sweet potato and a half teaspoon of cinnamon to the milk.
- Blend this mixture for 1 minute to make a sweet potato smoothie for weight loss.
Sweet Potato Fries For Weight Loss
- Peel off and cut them in the shape of french fries.
- Now, you have first to heat the pan and add a half teaspoon of oil to it.
- Put the sweet potato fries in the heated pan.
- Sprinkle the pepper powder and chilli flakes over the sweet potato fries and stir them well.
- Cook them for 3 to 4 minutes only. Overcooking will make them soft and saggy.
Sweet Potato Chips For Weight Loss
The following is the healthy sweet potato chips recipe for weight loss.
- To make sweet potato chips first, you must have the following items. Two sweet potatoes, salt, extra virgin olive oil, hand slicer, foil, or baking paper.
- Cut the sweet Potato from the hand slicer by moving it in to back and forth direction.
- Now put the sweet potato chips in a bowl and spill a little olive oil onto it.
- Sprinkle the salt over them, and now mix them thoroughly with your hands.
- Take a baking tray and place the baking paper over the tray and place the grill on top.
- Now, lay the sweet potato chips over the grill.
- Please put them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, pull them out from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Your crunchy and crispy sweet potato chips for weight loss is now ready to eat as snacks.
Other Healthy Sweet Potato Food Recipes
Have a look at two of the other healthy sweet potato food recipes below.
~ Avocado and Sweet Potato For Weight Loss
Avocado is a rich source of Vitamin B-6, C, E, and K, and eating them along with sweet potatoes is beneficial during the weight loss journey.
~ Purple Sweet Potato Extract Weight Loss
The purple sweet potato extract is highly rich in dietary fiber, thus reduces your urge to overeating. Its watery content keeps your cells hydrated and results in good metabolism, making the purple sweet potato extract perfect for weight loss.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. Yes, sweet Potato reduces belly fat as it is a fiber-rich food that reduces the appetite of eating a high caloric diet.
Ans. Whenever you feel extremely hungry, you should eat sweet potatoes to lose weight by exchanging them for high-calorie snacks or junk food.
Ans. The best time to eat is to have them in the morning as per their nutritional value. It consists of fiber and carbohydrates that take an extra amount of time to digest.
Ans. Yes, It is good for weight loss only when you properly intake them. Avoid frying them in oil or butter and eat them grilled or roasted.
Ans. Yes, roasting sweet potatoes are beneficial for weight loss and a better option than frying them in oil. Roasted sweet potatoes are less in fat and high in dietary fiber, reducing your tendency to eat more.
Ans. The sweet Potato won’t harm your weight loss journey as long as you eat them as roasted or grilled. Even it works like magic in your weight loss journey if taken adequately.
If you drink wine then I recommend you to read Which wine is better for weight loss?