Many people like to eat pork meat but they eat it even without knowing about the pork tenderloin nutrition facts and its health benefits. Are you one among them? Then this writing is for you as it will provide you with pork loin nutrition information and knowledge about everything related to pork meat. So, just read on to know details about pork tenderloin nutrition.
Pork, like poultry, is also a lump of white meat and is enriched with lean protein. Many same nutrients present in beef are present in pork tenderloin but with fewer fats/calories. Pork is a very popular form of meat eaten all over the world (mainly in the USA and Asia) except for people of some particular religions like Islam & Judaism as their religion doesn’t permit them to eat so.
Pork Tenderloin Nutrition Facts
As per USDA, a three-ounce (eighty-five gram) of baked pork tenderloin contains 122 pork tenderloin calories, 3 grams of fat, 48 milligrams of sodium, 0 gram of carbohydrates, 0 gram of fibers, 0 gram of sugar, and 22 grams of protein.
Cutlets & ground pork are pork’s other cuts. Their constituents are:
- A pork cutlet/steak that is of medium-size and cooked consists of 239 calories, 34 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, 4 grams of saturated fat, 697 milligrams of sodium, and 0 gram of carbohydrate ( for the lean portion of the steak).
- A three-ounce of simmered ground pork contains 252 calories, 22 grams of protein, 18 grams of fat, 7 grams of saturated fat, 62 milligrams of sodium, and 0 gram of carbohydrate.
- For your information, the pork chop is a more popular piece of meat than them. The calories in pork loin chop, or the protein in pork loin, and its other nutrition differs greatly according to its preparation:
- Three-ounce of baked or broiled pork chop will give you 180 calories, 24 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat, 2 grams of saturated fat, 438 milligrams of sodium, and 0 gram of carbohydrate( in case you consume the chop’s lean and also the fatty part)
- Three-ounce of baked or broiled pork chop will give you 140 calories, 25 grams of protein, 3.8 grams of fat, 1 gram of saturated fat, 447 milligrams of sodium, and 0 gram of carbohydrate( in case you consume only the chop’s lean part)
- A three-ounce of fried & breaded pork chop will give you 258 calories, 20 grams of protein, 13 grams of fat, 3 gram of saturated fat, 465 milligrams of sodium, and 14 grams of carbohydrate( in case you consume the chop’s lean and also the fatty part).
Besides, pork has also its use in the preparation of several other meat products or processed meats. For example:
A three-ounce of pork sausage servings contains 276 calories, 16 grams of protein, 23 grams of fat. Also 8 grams of saturated fat, 693 milligrams of sodium, and 1 gram of carbohydrate.
- Cooked pork bacon of medium slice contains 37 calories, 3 gms protein, 3 gms fat, 1 gm of saturated fat. And 135 milligrams of sodium, and 0 gram of carbohydrate.
- 85 grams of pulled pork at a single serving will give you 200 calories, 12 grams of protein. Also16 grams of fat, 6 grams of saturated fat, 490 milligrams of sodium, and 2 grams of carbohydrate.
- A spam ( made up of pork shoulder & components) two-ounce serving contains 180 calories, 7 grams of protein, 16 grams of fat. And 6 grams of saturated fat, 790 milligrams of sodium, and 1 gram of carbohydrate.
Nutrients present in pork or nutritional value of pork tenderloin
Pork has no carbohydrates. But, it can be prepared with the help of barbeque sauce, some starch/sugar, and bread.
Being an animal product, both saturated fats and unsaturated fats are present in pork. But, in case you need to restrain your consumption of saturated fat. You must go for loin-related pork meat like pork loin/ pork tenderloin, etc.
Based on the cut of the meat, pork is frequently, one of the main lean protein sources.
Vitamins & minerals
Many vitamins and minerals are present in pork meat like thiamin, riboflavin, phosphorus, niacin, and Vitamin B6. Moreover, pork meat has a good quantity of Zinc & potassium in it.
Calories In Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Grilled pork tenderloin contains in one serving a calorie of 197.4.
Different health benefits that pork tenderloin nutrition brings to you:
1. It strengthens your muscle mass:
With your aging, you will notice that your muscles are becoming unstable, hence resulting in disability or damage. The consumption of the required quantity of dietary protein like pork meat. Doing physical workouts slows down this process which is also known as sarcopenia.
2. Aids in the growth & performance of your body cells:
Just as other animal products are full of vitamin B. Pork is also the same in this respect and contains thiamin, riboflavin, peroxide, and niacin. Vitamin B usually aids in converting body food into energy. And also is necessary for the good health of your brain & nervous system. Thus repairing DNA and also producing hormones or RBCs and as pork meat. It contains Vitamin B in it, it also functions in the same manner.
Allergies of pork meat
Any kind of mammal’s meat may be the reason for someone’s allergy and pork tenderloin meat is no different. Researchers have witnessed that Lone star tick’s bite allergy is likely to happen to many people and may develop in adulthood. If you feel like pork allergy in your body, go to your doctor. He will tell you everything regarding your diet or treatments for allergies caused due to the eating of pork meat.
Warning of Pork or pork tenderloin nutrition
Note that consuming raw/undercooked pork for getting pork tenderloin nutrition is hazardous. Pork may contain parasites, which may further be the reason for severe infections in human beings. So, you must always cook the pork meat completely to destroy the parasites from the meat.
Food safety measures and storage of Pork tenderloin
You may keep sealed and fresh pork meat in the refrigerator for 2- 4 days. Whereas, ground pork meats may be kept fresh for 1-2 days. Besides, pork can also be sealed tightly by utilizing freezer wrap & freeze. But, the frozen pork must be used within a period of 6 months. The pork that is frozen must be softened in the fridge and not at room temperature. Moreover, pork must be cooked at an internal temperature. It is between one hundred and forty-five degrees Fahrenheit and one hundred and sixty degrees Fahrenheit.
Pork can be consumed as a substitute for fish /chicken for getting lean protein. The pork tenderloin nutrition cooked adds a variation to your diet, makes your eat up a thrilling, and contributes balanced nutrition to your body.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Answer: Though it depends on several factors like the cut of the meat, the cooking procedure, etc as pork tenderloin has fewer calories and fat in it, therefore it is even healthier than chicken. But, it may also be noted that some cuts of chicken are also devoid of greater calories and fats, and thus no less than pork tenderloin in respect of its health benefits.
Answer: The healthiest cut of pork is the pork tenderloin, pork loin chops & sirloin roast.
Answer: Yes, it is a great source of protein.
Answer: Pork tenderloin or pork loin calories per ounce:
In a three-ounce serving of lean pork tenderloin, there are 120 calories in it. So, one ounce contains 40 calories.
Hope you liked this article. For more content, please visit the website.