Linzess for weight loss: Weight loss pills can be a terrific way to shed those excess pounds without starving yourself or spending countless hours at the gym. However, there is no one-size-fits-all solution for melting excess fat and shedding unnecessary pounds from your frame. Some supplements, on the other hand, target fat and make it simpler to burn it, and no medication can replace a healthy lifestyle, regular exercise, and a well-balanced diet.
Have you heard of the medicine Linzess, which aids in weight loss in patients?
If not, read the rest of this article to learn more.
Read More: 32 Foods That Burn Belly Fat Fast
What is Linzess
Linzess is a brand name for linaclotide, a generic medicine. It’s a prescription drug for persistent constipation that works by boosting the release of two chemical molecules in the intestines called chloride and bicarbonate. More intestinal fluid is released as a result, which aids in the transit of faeces. Linzess also works by reducing the time it takes for food to pass through the digestive system.
Linzess is safe and effective in youngsters under the age of 18 years old, according to medical reports. It should also not be administered to children under the age of six because it might induce severe diarrhoea and dehydration in children. As a result, never give Linzess medicine to a child or teenager without first consulting a doctor.
So, now you are aware of what Linzess is?
Now it’s time to understand how Linzess works in weight loss?
How does Linzess Work?
Linzess helps to increase the amount of fluid in your intestines and speeds up the passage of food through the digestive system. It also improves the texture of the stool and reduces symptoms such as stomach ache/soreness, bloating, straining, and the sense of incomplete bowel motions.
However, if you take linaclotide with meals, you may experience gastrointestinal side effects such as diarrhoea, stomach pain, and gas.
Also Read: WEIGHT LOSS ICD10
How Can You Use Linzess For Weight Loss?
- When using Linzess, make sure to take it as soon as possible after waking up. However, the capsule should not be taken at the same time every morning.
- It is suggested not to chew or crush the capsule; instead, drink a glass of water and swallow it whole. You should also keep in mind that Linzess should be taken only with water. Also, using Linzess or any other form of oral medication without water is dangerous.
- After taking your capsule, wait 30 minutes before eating because it needs to be thoroughly digested and absorbed before you eat. As a result, it’s critical to make taking a Linzess capsule part of your daily routine.
- Consult your doctor before using Linzess to ensure that you are healthy enough to take it. This is because Linzess is not appropriate for everyone with IBS-C or CIC.
People who take Linzess are said to have lost a significant amount of weight. This is widespread because the usage of this medicine to treat constipation was shown to be rather effective. Constipation and bloating caused by gastrointestinal syndromes can also make it difficult to maintain a healthy weight since the food doesn’t digest well.
If you are thinking, how long does it take for linzess to work for constipation?
Read ahead to know the period of constipation caused due to Linzess.
How long does it take for linzess to work for constipation?
If you are taking Linzess regularly then the minimum time it takes is 1week to get relief from constipation.
Irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C) and chronic idiopathic constipation are two types of chronic constipation that Linzess can help with (CIC). Constipation lasts three months or longer in both of these diseases.
Linzess has the side effects that take it. Hence it can be dangerous for the patients using it. Let’s understand why linzess is dangerous?
Why is Linzess dangerous?
Linzess, like any other drug, has its side effects that might become dangerous for your health if proper care is not taken. If you haven’t consulted a doctor before using it, then the overdose of the drug can be life-threatening. Below are the side effects of Linzess.
- Abdominal pain
- Hair loss
- Weight loss
- Abdominal distension
Many people think that the drug can be used for weight loss.
If you have a question pondering in your mind, does linzess cause belly fat?
So, here is the answer.
IBS not only leads to gaining weight (sometimes belly fat), but can also make you feel bloated, and tired because you have to go to the toilet a lot more than you’re used to.
Just like any other drug, Linzess has its pros and cons that you must know before you start taking the drug.
Linzess Pros and Cons
Linzess is an effective treatment for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C) that has been licensed by the US Food and Drug Administration. Below listed are the pros of taking Linzess.
- It’s generally safe for everyone over the age of 18 who doesn’t have any allergies.
- After 2 weeks of use, patients may see considerable improvements in their symptoms.
- It helps to relieve the symptoms of hard stool and constipation by increasing the water content in the digestive area.
- It is a prescription medication that should only be used after consulting with a physician. This medication should be used with caution by people who have a history of allergies.
- Children should not be given this medicine, and it should be kept out of their reach. Vomiting, heartburn, diarrhea, and abdominal pain are some of the negative effects connected with this medication.
- Some side effects are dose-dependent and may go away after one week of not taking the medication. Abdominal distention, gas, bloating, and other adverse symptoms are some of the most common.
- Because of the high risk of dehydration, this drug is not recommended for children under the age of six. If they are given it inadvertently, they could die.
Linzess is a drug that doctors use to treat constipation in certain cases. Constipation, in particular, is a common complaint among IBS sufferers. It comes in the shape of a capsule and only needs to be taken once a day.
Linzess can have negative effects on some people, just like any other prescription medication. Appetite loss is one of the negative effects. Some people desire to take the pills as a weight loss aid because the connection between them and appetite has become so well-known.
However, while Linzess can help some people lose weight, it can also help others gain weight. Why this is a mystery. Linzess isn’t intended to be used as a weight-loss supplement, hence no research has been done on the subject.
Consult your doctor before you include it in your daily routine.
Ans. When taking Linzess, you may gain or lose weight. Linzess has been linked to both weight loss and increase.
Ans. If you take linaclotide just after a meal, you may experience more gastrointestinal issues such as abdominal pain, and diarrhoea. If you have regular or severe diarrhoea can disrupt the absorption of any other oral medications you’re taking.
Ans. If you want to get the desired result then, you should keep in mind the below-listed points.
1. When using Linzess, make sure to take it as soon as possible after waking up. However, the capsule should not be taken at the same time every morning.
2. It is suggested not to chew or crush the capsule; instead, drink a glass of water and swallow it whole. You should also keep in mind that Linzess should be taken only with water. Also, using Linzess or any other form of oral medication without water is dangerous.
3. After taking your capsule, wait 30 minutes before eating because it needs to be thoroughly digested and absorbed before you eat. As a result, it’s critical to make taking a Linzess capsule part of your daily routine.
Ans. In patients with irritable bowel syndrome and constipation, LinZess dramatically reduces stomach symptoms such as bloating, discomfort, and pain.